BioAustin is a Texas nonprofit corporation. Our goal is to make Austin / Central Texas the best place in the world to start and grow a Life Science company.
Our mission is to foster a vibrant and prosperous life sciences community here in Central Texas where companies expand and flourish, start-ups germinate and grow, and entrepreneurs are inspired and empowered. Everyone is welcome, networking and collaborations are encouraged and facilitated, and academia and industry are given a forum to successfully interact and partner.
Our expanding life science and biotech community is gaining international attention, helping Texas become the ‘third coast of biotechnology’ (Boston Globe July 1, 2014 Rivals to biotech sector sprout all over). The Central Texas region – Austin specifically – is playing a critical role in the growth. The addition of the Dell Medical School and expanded campus plans provides a 21st Century model for development of innovation in the life science and biotech industry. Austin’s South by Southwest (SXSW) is increasing it’s biotech focus, and BioAustin is taking a leadership role in networking, education, and mentorship—bringing to biotech what has made Austin one of the best places to start a company from IT to the biotech community.
Click here to download our Co-Listing PDF
- Purchasing consortium – save up to 40% on lab and office supplies, insurance and more.
- Networking- Biobash events, Happy Hours, social networking sites for connecting with the professional community.
- Discounts for BioAustin members to SXSW and other key community events
Information – website, regular email communication and forum for questions and answers.
- Professional Development – seminars, mentoring, connections.
- Special Interest Groups – forums for meeting with peers in your area of interest.
- Jobs – portal for posting jobs and accessing the community.
- Funding – assistance with where and how to apply to funding.
- Facilities/Relocation/Incubator – we connect you to the right people.
- Equipment Sharing – virtual garage sales for finding or selling your specialty equipment.
- Board of Directors Recommendations – we maintain a list of senior executives willing to serve on boards and other mentoring opportunities.
THE source for bio information and connections in Central Texas.
BioAustin is a service mark of BioAustin, a Texas Nonprofit Corporation.